Kasauli is a cantonment established as a hill station by the British still aloof from the tourist touch in Shimla and Manali. It is a place which will give you pure relaxation and soul satisfaction.
Best time to go: April to June and November to February
How to reach:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kasauli is Chandigarh airport which is approximately 70 km away.
- By Road: A road trip from Delhi with marvellous views and delicious dhaba food can be the best part of the trip. If taking a bus, the nearest bus stop is Parwanoo which is 7 km away from Kasauli. The bus takes approximately INR 1700.
- By Train: The nearest station to Kasauli is Sonwara.
Where to stay:
- Kasauli exotica– Offers luxury rooms and apartments with Wi-Fi and a 24 hour room service at a price starting from INR 3928. This hotel is just 2.1 km from Baba Balak Nath temple and 18 km from Kuthar palace.
- Kasauli castle resort– Just 2.5 km away from the main Kasauli town, this hotel offers rooms with private lawns or balconies at INR 4231 per night. It also offers outdoor movie screen and lots of games like billiards and ping pong.
- Baikunth resorts– Just 10 km from Monkey point hill station, this hotel offers clean rooms with beautiful views and luxury spa amenities, kids playing area and yoga classes at INR 9620 per night.
- Winnies holiday resort– With complimentary breakfast, wifi and cosy rooms, this hotel offers great views at INR 6188 per night. It is approximately 2.6 km away from Baba Balak Nath temple.
What to do:
Trekking- There are a number of trekking tours available from Kalka, Jabli and Garkhal. You can easily get a trekking package of 2 days and 1 night for approximately INR 2000.
Nature walks and camping- You can walk from the lower mall road to the upper mall road further going to the Monkey point. While walking you can also enjoy exclusive Tibetan stuff in the Tibetan market on Mall road. Kasauli also has places like Dagshai, which offer camping facilities. You can get camping packages with luxury swiss tents for 2 days and 1 night starting from INR 2000.
- Anglican church- Right on the mall road, this church is a 159 year old structure built by the British families who first settled here.
- Kasauli brewery- This is the oldest brewery for scotch whiskey in Asia. A must visit if you have the curious mind as to how scotch is made. It is open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Baba Balak Nath temple- 5 km ahead of Kasauli, this temple is said to be wish fulfilling.
Where to eat:
You can savour momos and delicious fast food in the small dhabas at mall road for very nominal prices.
- At Narinder food stall on mall road, you can taste the best sweets in Kasauli.
- Hangout rooftop bar and café offers you fine dining at a price range of INR 800-1000.
Tips for the Trip
- Kasauli is a place purely for peace and relaxation.
- Do not expect much of historical or adventurous places here. But I assure you seeing the scenic beauty of the place will give you a new view of life and will completely refresh you.